Trees are an investment in your home and community. Trees help reduce air pollution by absorbing carbon dioxide, reducing noise pollution by dampening traffic sounds, and absorb rainfall, lessening the impact of floods and stormwater runoff. Adding trees also improve property values, increases neighborhood safety, and enhances the quality of life through improved aesthetics and providing food for birds, natural wildlife habitat, and cleaner air. Let us show you how easy it is to make a difference!
Tn Nursery Served The Discovery Channel With Trees!
The Tennessee Wholesale Nursery has been honored to help out a wide variety of organizations, both large and small. This includes the Discovery Channel, which is one of the largest media organizations in the world, known for producing exceptional reputable programs on a wide variety of educational topics. The TN Nursery was honored to provide plants to the Discovery Channel for their programs and received very positive feedback from the station about the experience.
Meeting The Needs of the Discovery Channel
"In a new series for the Discovery Channel, we wanted to film buds opening for time-lapse photography, and Tn Nursery was aware of the strategic deadline we were up against as well as the problems we'd previously had with other suppliers. Filming for the Discovery means we must always go that extra mile, and Tammy did. She immediately identified trees that were perfect for our needs, shipped us great plants to the set right on time. The trees arrived in excellent condition and made ready for us to begin filming."
- Mandi Stark, Discovery Wildlife Production
The Discovery Channel Wildlife Production Team was filming a new series that requires time-lapse photography of flower buds. The broadcast will showcase what happens to flower buds over time. While the buds of flowers start off closed, they eventually open up with the environmental conditions are right. This could include more sunlight or warmer weather. The station wanted to show the viewing audience what happens when the flower buds open, going from a small, closed structure to an open, gorgeous flower.
The team from the nursery worked closely with the Discovery Channel to figure out exactly what trees and buds needed. This includes the type of tree required, how many trees and buds were needed, and the time of year the buds were supposed to open. The team worked hard to meet the needs of the station and was honored to find the perfect trees to meet their needs, staying in constant contact to find the right plants.
What Viewers Learn on Discovery Channel Programming
The trees provided to Discovery Channel can be used on a variety of programs; however, the shows are intended to be educational. Highlights nature including:
- The Blue Planet: This iconic documentary series from David Attenborough highlights plants and animals that live deep underwater. This series is eight episodes long.
- Planet Earth: This is a docuseries that also includes David Attenborough and explores the plants and animals that live in the forests, jungles, and arctic. This series is 11 episodes long.
- Life: This is another show from the BBC Natural History Unit that follows plants and animals, exploring a wide variety of ecosystems all over the world.
Discovery Channel programming is intended to be viewed by people of all ages, giving everyone an inside look at what plants and animals need to do to survive and thrive. There are numerous important topics that viewers can explore regarding flowers, plants, and trees. A few key topics covered include:
- Programming can explain to viewers why certain plants grow better in some areas than others.
- Shows will detail how photosynthesis works, which is how plants access the nutrients they need to grow.
- Many episodes explore the symbiotic relationships between plants and animals.
- Programming also explores the threats of climate change and how this is impacting the growth of certain plants in certain parts of the world.
- Many documentaries explore rare, unique, and exotic plants that can only be found in specific locations on the planet.
To put on such amazing shows, the team from the station has to have access to the perfect plants to meet the goals of the episode. When Discovery Channel needs the best plants possible, they turn to the experts from the TN Nursery.
Who the Tennessee Wholesale Nursery Can Serve
The nursery has the capability to serve everyone who needs helps with flowers, trees, and plants, both large and small. For example, there are numerous individuals and families who have wholesale plant needs and turn to the nursery for help. Then, there are small businesses all over the country that do the same. When some of the biggest corporations and media empires need help with their plants, they also turn to the Tennessee Nursery. This includes the Discovery Channel. It has been a true honor to serve that the station had all of its needs met. The nursery team always goes the extra mile to meet the needs of its clients, ensuring that all plants always arrive in the best condition possible. It will be exciting to see the plants front and center in future programming as well!
Trees To Best Benefit Your Landscape
The United States is losing trees at the rate of 1 million acres per year. But planting trees is one of the easiest and most effective ways to help reduce this problem. By planting just a few of these beauties in your own yard, you can have a positive impact on our environment that will last for generations to come. Landscaping is a great way to improve the look of your property, but it's also important for the environment.
They successfully clean the air and reduce pollution in urban areas, but they're not always an easy sell to homeowners.
Landscapers are often intimidated by planting landscaping plants themselves because it requires special equipment and knowledge that most people don't have on hand. Tn Nursery makes planting easier with their videos that help you find plants based on your needs and location, as well as teach you how to plant them using step-by-step instructions.
This allows landscapers to focus more on design while taking some of the guesswork out of tree selection for their customers. Best Sellers Include - Cedar Trees, Tulip Trees, Oaks, Maples and Fast Growing Varieties.
How to Select Trees for Your TN Landscape
Not enough homeowners plant in their lawns.
Planting and landscaping are one of the best things you can do to improve your home's value and curb appeal. They are also great for improving air quality, which helps reduce pollution-related health issues like asthma and allergies.
Tn Nursery offers a wide variety of high-quality garden plants that are easy to grow and maintain. We have over 200 different varieties available for delivery throughout North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia & Georgia including evergreens (pine), deciduous (oak/maple/walnut) fruit-bearing plants (peach/apple/plum), flowering plants (azalea) as well as small ornamental shrubs such as boxwood or juniper bushes.
All our products come with an industry-leading 1-year warranty against any defects in workmanship or materials! Our nursery has been family-owned since 1956 so we know what it takes to please even the pickiest of customers.
Strategies to Maximize Landscaping Benefits of Trees
It may prove helpful to separate landscaping into two strategies — standalone and groupings. Including hardwoods, ornamentals, or fast-growing varieties in a landscape allows property owners to define, separate, or enhance the grounds in wide-reaching ways.
The following design ideas highlight the flexible benefits of landscaping with quality plants. The benefits of these beauties are many. There are specific tree species for about any type of landscaping available at Tn Nursery.
Standalone Varieties: Home and commercial property owners routinely plant flowering favorites in front yards. This strategy creates the curbside appeal that typically improves property value. The same standalone assets in backyards make your leisure experience more aesthetically pleasing.
- Rows: Property owners generally enjoy a better return on investment by planting fast-growing trees along property lines. This strategy defines the perimeter and separates your land from abutters. Fast-growing trees do not fall into decay and won’t require costly replacement.
- Enclosing Designs: Planting flowering or mid-sized species around the sides of a patio makes the hardscape feel like a fresh-air room. This design increases the feeling of privacy and coziness in your backyard.
- Avenues : Many communities manicure eye-catching trees along roads and walkways to create ambiance. Although these open spaces typically employ large trees, homeowners can utilize this strategy on a smaller scale by planting dwarfs or low-growing ornamentals.
One of the more popular landscaping designs layers the plant life. This plan often includes ground covers that transition from perennial flowers to shrubs. In the backdrop, trees provide the height that brings it all together. Landscaping professionals may advise property owners to employ red maple trees to paint the background or weeping willows that deliver low-hanging greenery. The wide range of trees that succeed in TN can make these design ideas a reality.
What are the Best Landscaping Trees in TN?
The best landscaping tree for your needs will succeed under the soil and climate conditions while delivering the desired benefits. Many landowners quickly discover that a wide selection of trees at our TN nursery will thrive on your property. The colorful leaves, seasonal blooms, and ability to provide shade make choosing landscaping trees a lot like picking out candy in a sweet shop. Consider what the following trees bring to the table. The many benefits of trees matter when your landscaping.
- Maple: This class includes varieties with eye-catching red leaves. Maple trees offer substantial shade and rank among the most colorful in terms of fall foliage. They can mature to 120 feet high and 50 feet wide while ranking among the fast-growing trees.
- Willow: They rank as, perhaps, the most sought-after shade tree. They usually thrive near ponds, rivers, and streams. Although Willows mature to only about 40-70 feet, their width nearly equals their height.
- Dogwoods: This lovely flowering tree remains one of the most desirable standalone options. They typically mature to only 25 feet or less. Other low-height landscaping possibilities include Crepe Myrtle Plants that bloom for 60-120 days and mature to 20-30 feet.
- Pines: Pines usually prevail along a property line. These fast-growing trees remain a cost-effective way to integrate a privacy element and also serve as windbreaks.
- Oaks: This species enjoys more flexibility than many people realize. These include Southern Red Oak trees that rival the color of Red Maples during fall. Maturing upwards of 80 feet with a 60- to 70-foot spread, they deliver tremendous shade benefits. The acorns also serve as a wildlife food resource.
The landscaping possibilities appear endless when you consider the varieties that thrive in this region. Other items to consider when making your decision may include how quickly a tree grows, seasonal blooms, and how it fits into an existing landscape.
Select Your Perfect Landscaping Trees at Our TN Nursery
Trees For Sale from TN Nursery with Low Rates and Quick Shipping