The Tennessee Wholesale Nursery has been honored to help out a wide variety of large and small organizations. This includes the Discovery Channel, one of the world's largest media organizations, for producing exceptional reputable programs on various educational topics. The TN Nursery was honored to provide trees to the Discovery Channel for their programs and received very positive feedback from the station about the experience.
Trees Nursery - Meeting The Needs of the Discovery Channel with Trees
"In a new series for the Discovery Channel, we wanted to film buds opening for time-lapse photography. Tn Nursery was aware of the strategic deadline we were up against and the problems we'd previously had with other suppliers. Filming for the Discovery means we must always go that extra mile, and Tammy did. She immediately identified trees perfect for our needs and shipped us great plants to the set on time. The trees arrived in excellent condition and made ready for us to begin filming."
- Mandi Stark, Discovery Wildlife Production
The Discovery Channel Wildlife Production Team was filming a new series that requires time-lapse photography of flower buds. The broadcast will showcase what happens to flower buds over time. While the buds of flowers start to close, they eventually open up under the right environmental conditions. This could include more sunlight or warmer weather.
The station wanted to show the audience what happens when the flower buds open, going from a small, closed structure to an open, gorgeous flower. The team from the nursery worked closely with the Discovery Channel to figure out precisely what trees and buds needed. This includes the type of tree required, how many trees and buds were needed, and the time of year the buds were supposed to open. The team worked hard to meet the station's needs and was honored to find the perfect trees to meet their needs, staying in constant contact to find the right plants.
Trees Provided to The Discovery Channel From Tn Nursery
The plants provided to Discovery Channel can be used on various programs; however, the shows are intended to be educational. Highlights nature including:
- The Blue Planet: This iconic documentary series from David Attenborough highlights plants and animals that live deep underwater. This series is eight episodes long.
- Planet Earth: This is a docu-series that also includes David Attenborough and explores the plants and animals that live in the forests, jungles, and arctic. This series is 11 episodes long.
- Life: This is another BBC Natural History Unit show that follows plants and animals, exploring various ecosystems worldwide.
Discovery Channel programming is intended to be viewed by people of all ages, giving everyone an inside look at what plants and animals need to do to survive and thrive. Viewers can explore numerous essential topics regarding flowers, plants, and trees. A few key topics covered include:
- Programming can explain to viewers why certain plants grow better in some areas than others.
- Shows will detail how photosynthesis works: how plants access the nutrients they need to grow.
- Many episodes explore the symbiotic relationships between plants and animals.
- Programming also explores the threats of climate change and how this impacts the growth of certain plants in certain parts of the world.
- Many documentaries explore rare, unique, and exotic plants that can only be found in specific locations.
To put on such amazing shows, the team from the station has to have access to the perfect plants to meet the goals of the episode. When Discovery Channel needs the best plants possible, they turn to the experts from TN Nursery. The nursery can serve everyone who needs help with flowers, trees, and large and small plants.
For example, numerous individuals and families have wholesale plant needs and turn to the nursery for help. Then, small businesses all over the country do the same. When some of the giant corporations and media empires need help with their plants, they also turn to the Tennessee Nursery. This includes the Discovery Channel. It has been a true honor to serve that the station met all of its needs. The nursery team always goes the extra mile to meet the needs of its clients, ensuring that all plants always arrive in the best condition possible. Seeing the plants front and center in future programming will also be exciting!