Property owners often seek a balance when spending money on upgrades between improved quality of life and return on investment, states Tammy Sons of Tn Nursery. Studies suggest that enhancing your grounds with trees, shrubs, perennials, mosses, and other greenery can deliver these benefits by integrating landscaping plants.
The American Society of Landscape Architects advocates for property owners to spend approximately 10 percent of a home’s value. The organization also suggests that level of investment can increase property values by as much as 15 percent. And most real estate agents agree that well-manicured grounds generally increase the curbside appeal and drive higher offers. These rank among the many powerful reasons to select landscaping plants and enrich the peaceful enjoyment of your property.
Landscaping Benefits of Planting Trees
Trees require the least amount of maintenance and care of any landscaping plant. By selecting a variety that will succeed in conjunction with your land’s soil, sunlight, and moisture conditions, home and commercial property owners enjoy a wide range of benefits. These typically include the following.
- Environmental: Trees generally reduce air pollution and help filter rainwater as it trickles into the aquifer. Root systems also strengthen ground conditions to resist severe weather impacts such as soil erosion during flooding.
- Leisure: By selecting suitable shade trees, homeowners gain spaces to relax during the hot summer months. Using landscaping plants in this fashion makes the property more comfortable.
Integrating rows of trees can also serve as property borders and windbreaks to protect homes from severe weather. Every day people can employ a wide range of strategies to maximize the benefits of planting trees. Our experienced staff can field any questions you may have about our complete inventory of trees.
Landscaping Benefits of Planting Shrubs & Perennials
Landscaping plants such as shrubs and perennials remain an instrumental ecosystem asset. They also improve aesthetic and property values while making the grounds feel more relaxed. Although many homes and commercial property owners select shrubs and perennials for their seasonal blooms that are beautiful to the landscape, these are other benefits worth considering.
- Habitat: Shrubs provide a haven and shade for wildlife. Perennials offer species such as butterflies, bees, and hummingbirds a consistent food resource.
- Privacy: Many homeowners use landscaping strategies that involve planting shrubs close together along property boundaries. As they overlap, the greenery defines the border and provides privacy.
- Beautification: Perhaps no landscaping plant beautifies a property more than colorful flowering perennials.
Like other landscaping plants, ferns, shrubs, and perennials increase property values. Whether used in front yards as hedgerows, standalone ornamentals, or lush gardens, they prove invaluable in terms of quality of life investment.
Landscaping Benefits of Planting Mosses
In terms of selecting landscaping plants to complete a property, mosses remain remarkably underused. Home gardening enthusiasts sometimes seek out low-growing options that require ongoing maintenance and care. Mosses, by contrast, infuse seemingly complex gardening spaces with year-round greenery. These rank among the other top benefits worth considering.
- Erosion: Because mosses can blanket areas where other landscaping plants might not succeed, they secure and protect the soil from washing away in heavy rains.
- Aesthetics: Mosses can be used to cover otherwise unsightly areas and even hardscape items such as rock formations. Once gardeners discover their flexible options, perennial mosses find expanded uses throughout a property.
At the end of the day, property owners want to maximize their investment in multiple ways. L andscaping plants deliver proven benefits and our nursery stocks a complete inventory of trees, shrubs, perennials, and mosses to fit your needs. Contact one of our customer care professionals with any questions.