Friday, July 22
You will get pleasure from the soft strolling surface your lawn offers once you fertilize it well on time and by using the right products.
You must put lawn fertilizing on your yearly to-do list to be sure about the growing health of your investment successfully.
1 Allow the lawn to get green and mow it one or two times before using a lawn food formulation in spring.
2. Choose a fertilizer for your lawn that has been created for your kind of turf grass. Examine the label to be sure that it displays your grass (zoysia, bluegrass, for example) and to find out how regularly you can make use of it.
3. Use starter or new lawn formulation for sod, seed, or sprigged lawns considerably less than two years of age. You will admire the thickening outcome they give in the first and foremost seasons.
4. For established lawns, choose slow-release, granular fertilizers- they will offer a regular quantity of vitamins and minerals in the course of the lawn's speediest development periods. Abstain from fertilizers that include simply one nutrient (such as potassium or nitrogen) until a soil examination suggests you need to utilize them.
5. Borrow or purchase a spreader for fertilizer and be confident you understand the methods to balance it for your lawn's preferred fine food. Stroll behind the spreader at a reasonable speed ( do not run), and create a pattern covering almost every part of the lawn just once.
6. Know that water-soluble lawn food would not last a long time in the land and plan to apply it again as instructed on the label. Care must be taken while spraying - cover virtually every section just once to prevent overfeeding.
7. Fertilize at the minimum one more time in the course of the growing period and utilize a winter formula in early fall in case one is suggested for your selected lawn grass. Don t get worried if you don't remember, though - scientific studies state that once 12 months, anytime you recollect, is excellent for established turf.