Ship10-12 business days July
Under 2 Feet
Sun Or Shade
This unique and enchanting botanical treasure brings a touch of magic to any home, garden, or indoor space. The Walking Fern Plant will captivate all encountering it with its delicate fronds that seemingly defy gravity.
The Walking Fern, also known as the "Hand Fern" or "Meadow Fern,"
These names derives from its extraordinary ability to propagate itself by producing new plantlets at the tips of its arching fronds. This remarkable adaptation creates an ethereal spectacle, as if the fern is on an endless journey, leaving behind a trail of new life.
The delicate, deeply-lobed fronds are a lustrous shade of green, creating an intricate and captivating pattern. Each frond has a mind of its own, curling and twisting in different directions, providing a sense of movement even when the plant is at rest.
With a moderate growth rate, the Walking Fern Plant is ideal for indoor and outdoor settings. In outdoor gardens, it thrives in shaded or partially shaded areas, where it can add a charming touch to rock gardens, borders, or woodland settings.
Indoor enthusiasts will delight in the Walking Fern's adaptability as a houseplant
Its compact size, typically around 12 to 18 inches, makes it perfect for windowsills, tabletops, or hanging baskets. Its love for humidity means it thrives in bathrooms or kitchens, where it can benefit from the steam and moisture in the air. Placing it near a misting device or grouping it with other plants can create a microclimate replicating its preferred conditions.
Caring for the Walking Fern Plant is a joy in itself. It prefers moist but well-drained soil, making regular watering essential. A balanced fertilizer applied every few months will provide the nutrients for healthy growth. Pruning yellow or withered fronds will help maintain its vitality and aesthetic appeal.
Beyond its ornamental value, the Walking Fern Plant offers additional benefits to its environment. As a natural air purifier, it helps. Its presence can create a calming atmosphere and contribute to tranquility, making it an excellent addition to spaces dedicated to relaxation or meditation. Its unique ability to "walk" and propagate itself, combined with its mesmerizing foliage, make it a true conversation starter and a delightful addition to your plant collection.
Bring a touch of enchantment and serenity to your surroundings with the extraordinary Walking Fern Plant. Experience the wonder of nature unfolding before you as this captivating botanical treasure gracefully wanders through space, leaving behind a trail of beauty and awe.
From its air-purifying qualities to its low-maintenance requirements, here are ten remarkable benefits of the Walking Fern Plant:
1. Air Purification: The Walking Fern Plant acts as a natural air purifier, helping to filter out harmful toxins and pollutants from the surrounding environment. Its presence can improve the overall air quality in your home, providing you with cleaner and fresher air to breathe.
2. Aesthetically Pleasing: Its lush green foliage creates a soothing atmosphere, enhancing the visual appeal of your garden, patio, or indoor area.
3. Adaptability: The Walking Fern Plant is highly adaptable and can thrive in various settings. Its versatility allows you to enjoy its unique charm regardless of your living situation.
4. Low-Maintenance: For those seeking a plant that requires minimal effort to care for, the Walking Fern Plant is an excellent choice.
5. Propagation: The Walking Fern Plant has a fascinating reproductive process that sets it apart from other ferns. It produces new plantlets at the tips of its fronds, which can root themselves when they come into contact with suitable growing conditions. This natural propagation creates a visually captivating display as the fern appears to "walk" and spread its vibrant greenery.
6. Versatile Placement: The Walking Fern Plant offers a range of placement options, making it a flexible choice for any space. Its compact size allows it to thrive in confined areas like shelves, windowsills, or tabletops. Additionally, it can be displayed in hanging baskets or mounted on walls, adding a vertical element to your living space.
7. Shade Tolerance: Unlike many other plants, the Walking Fern Plant thrives in shaded or partially shaded areas. It can bring life and beauty to sites that may be challenging to cultivate with other plants.
8. Educational Value: The Walking Fern Plant offers excellent educational opportunities for children and adults. Its unique reproductive process and ability to adapt to different environments make it an intriguing subject for learning about plant life cycles, adaptations, and botanical diversity.
9. Stress Relief: The presence of plants, including the Walking Fern, has been shown to reduce stress levels and promote relaxation. Their soothing green color and natural beauty create a calming atmosphere that can help alleviate daily stresses and build a sense of tranquility in your living space.
10. Connection to Nature: Bringing nature indoors has numerous benefits, and the Walking Fern Plant allows you to connect with the natural world daily. Its presence can help create a sense of harmony and connection to the outdoors, even in urban or indoor environments. Its fronds' rhythmic growth and movement serve as a gentle reminder of the wonders of the natural world.
In conclusion, the Walking Fern Plant offers many benefits that make it a remarkable addition to any garden or indoor space. From its air-purifying qualities and low-maintenance requirements to its visual appeal and educational value, this beautiful plant enhances its surroundings' aesthetics and well-being. Embrace the enchantment of Walking.
Tips to help you maintain your Walking Fern Plant and ensure its health and vitality:
1. Lighting Requirements: The Walking Fern Plant prefers bright, indirect light.
2. Temperature and Humidity: The Walking Fern Plant thrives in moderate temperatures between 60°F and 75°F (15°C and 24°C).
3. Watering: Proper watering is crucial for the Walking Fern's health.
4. Soil: Use a well-draining potting mix for your indoor Walking Fern Plant. A mixture of peat moss, perlite, and pine bark works well. Outdoors, the fern prefers fertile, well-draining soil with organic matter. Avoid heavy clay-based soil, which can retain excess moisture and lead to root rot.
5. Fertilization: During the dormant season (fall and winter), reduce the frequency of fertilization to every two to three months.
6. Pruning: Remove any yellow or brown fronds to maintain the plant's health and appearance. Regular pruning prevents the plant from becoming too dense and allows for better airflow.
7. Pests and Diseases: The Walking Fern Plant is generally resistant to pests and diseases. However, it can occasionally be susceptible to aphids, mealybugs, or scale insects. Monitor your plant regularly and address any pest issues promptly. Use natural or organic pest control methods such as insecticidal soap or neem oil.
8. Repotting: As the Walking Fern Plant grows, it may outgrow its container.
9. Winter Care: Protecting your Walking Fern Plant from frost is vital if you live in a region with cold winters. Bring the plant indoors or sheltered when temperatures drop below its tolerance level. Maintain moderate watering during winter, reducing it slightly to accommodate the plant's slower growth.
10. Observing Plant Health: Regularly inspect your Walking Fern Plant for any signs of stress or disease.
Following these maintenance tips can create an optimal environment for your Walking Fern Plant to thrive. With its unique beauty and resilience, this beautiful fern will continue to enchant you with its wandering fronds for years.
Walking fern is among the unique ferns that have undivided fronds. The bright green fronds arch as they bloom and have a flat leaf shape. When a walking Fern matures, the undersides of the leaves develop beautiful brown stripes in the summer months, which contain the plant's spores. All this gives it a more substantial and lush appearance than other ferns.
This evergreen perennial attracts butterflies in the spring and summer, giving your yard a lively look in the autumn and winter. After it snows, the fronds stay safely tucked away until the weather warms up. Best of all, this fern doesn't attract unwanted pests.
Walking Fern is a rare & exotic type of fern
It will reach a height and width of 12-18 inches after a year, and it can develop sporting each summer once it's mature. It can grow in nearly any climate. It loves moist, well-drained soil and prefers some shade to flourish. Fully shaded spots are even better. It prefers limestone-based soils similar to its natural habitat.
These walking ferns are also resistant to both deer and rabbits. It's a versatile fern that can be planted in shady beds, as undergrowth for bushes, and in pots to stick on your patio. It also makes a good edging plant. All you have to do is water it during dry periods.
Walking Ferns are Not Plentiful
In nature, the Walking Fern only exists in a handful of places in North America. It primarily exists on limestone escarpments and the outsides of New York and Ontario caves, but it can be found as far south as Alabama. With all this in mind, it's no wonder that this fern has earned the Royal Horticulture Society's Award of Garden Merit. It will be shipped to you in a small pot.