Helpful Gardening Tips
Goes Well With
Red Oak TreeChoose OptionsMSRP:Was:Now: $19.99 - $28.99
White Oak SeedlingsChoose OptionsMSRP:Was:Now: $34.99 - $59.99
White Dogwood TreeChoose OptionsMSRP:Was:Now: $19.99 - $28.99
American Sycamore TreeChoose OptionsMSRP:Was:Now: $19.99 - $28.99
American Elm TreeChoose OptionsMSRP:Was:Now: $19.99 - $28.99
Acorns For Sale -.99 Cents Each Buy Now! HurryChoose OptionsMSRP:Was:Now: $8.99 - $249.99
We dig fresh our plants and ship immediately. We ship US Mail, Priority shipping. You will receive a tracking number once your plants ship. All plants will be fine in their packages for up to 3 days after receiving.
How We Protect Your Plants For Transit
We sell only bare root plants. We dip the roots in tera-sorb silicone gel to retain ample moisture for transit and surround with plastic. This is superior protection for plants in transit for up to 12 days.
Upon Receipt Of Your Plants
Open your plants and inspect the same day received. We offer 3 days to report any problems with your order. Bare root plants need to be planted within 2-3 days of receiving unless weather-related problems prohibit planting. Store in a cool place and keep roots moist and covered with plastic until they can be planted. Water for the first week daily after planting.
|Ships November through April|
White Oak Tree is one of the Longest Living Trees
White Oak Seedlings (Quercus alba) are native to the eastern part of North America and thrive in hardiness zones. The tree can tolerate both acidic and alkaline soil and prefers soils that are damp. It's planted for its dense shade, and sometimes the canopy can be as full as the tree is tall. Because of this, the tree needs a lot of space to grow.
White Oak Tree is an Acorn Producer and has Brilliant Fall Foliage.
It's hardly in any hurry to grow! The white oak is one of the longest-lived trees in America and can live for hundreds of years. The leaves of white oaks are about eight inches long and three inches wide and have about seven lobes, three or four on each side. When they first appear in the spring, they're a tender red and then become pale green. They mature to a bright, light green.
As the tree grows, the scales of the bark start to overlap close to the top of the trunk, which helps in identifying the tree. The heartwood of the white oak is light brown. Oakwood is notoriously sturdy, beautiful, and resists rot. Because of this, wood is used to make a variety of things, including flooring, furniture, and boats. The tree flowers in mid-spring. The acorns, which appear in the fall, are oval, with dense, scaly caps that cover about a quarter of the nut. The acorns are edible and used to be ground up by Native Americans to make a meal. Wildlife also loves the acorns of the white oak, which aren't as bitter as the acorns of other oak species. Deer, rabbits, and squirrels eat the acorns, as do game birds like turkey and pheasants and songbirds like thrushes and nuthatches. The white oak is also the only food plant of the Bucculatricidae moth. The white oak really comes into its own during the fall. Along with producing its acorns, its leaves, depending on the conditions, can turn brilliant red. Sometimes dead leaves cling to the tree throughout the winter and are finally pushed to the ground by the new leaves.
White Oak Trees For Sale at TN Wholesale Nursery with Low Prices and Fast Shipping
The White Oak has become a popular addition to home and office gardens. You might have fallen in love with this tree as well. If you are thinking about planting more trees in your garden, you might be curious about their characteristics. There are several important features that govern this tree's appearance. What should you know about this beautiful tree?
The Key Features of the White Oak To Know
A few of the top features of the gorgeous White Oak include:
- This tree gets its name from the bottoms of the leaves, which have a white color to them that sets them apart from the leaves that grow on other oak trees.
- This oak tree is among of the most durable trees around, as it can be found anywhere from zones 3 to 9, including throughout the southeast.
- While this tree tends to grow well in direct sunlight, it will grow well in the shade as well.
- It is easy to grow both in the wild as well as in cultivation.
- The tree grows at a fairly moderate rate, between one and two feet per year.
- When this tree has grown to its full height, it is between 50 and 100 feet tall and between 50 and 80 feet wide.
- The White Oak makes both male and female flowers, with male flowers being called catkins (long yellow clusters) and the female flowers producing smaller red spikes.
- This gorgeous tree produces acorns from both its male and female flowers, which reach approximately an inch in size.
- The tree's leaves are dark green when they first bloom; however, they will gradually turn to a deep red color during the fall.
- This tree can live for centuries.
- On younger White Oaks, the leaves could stay attached to the branches throughout the entire year, including the winter.
These are a few top features of the White Oak, which is why this is among the most popular and durable trees around.
Trust TN Wholesale Nursery for the Best White Oak Trees in the Region!
If you are looking for the top White Oak trees, then look no further than TN Wholesale Nursery. At TN Wholesale Nursery, we offer the best selection of Oak trees. Our plant and tree team can help you find the perfect White Oak for your home or office garden! Call today!