Mapleleaf Viburnum (Viburnum acerifolium)
Mapleleaf Viburnum: Viburnum acerifolium, a North American native species, is beloved by gardeners across the moderately cool USDA plant hardiness zones. The plant is self-sufficient once it strengthens, requiring minimal help from a gardener.
Mapleleaf viburnum is a shrub TN Nursery recommends for customers seeking a low-care requirement species in a cooler climate. Besides being relatively easy to maintain, the gorgeous white blossoms appear early in the season, adding a welcome wash of color to the garden when many other plants are still dormant.
Where to Use Mapleleaf Viburnum in Your Landscape
Mapleleaf viburnum shrub can reach a full-grown height of four to six feet. Here are several ways to put this casually charming shrub to use in your yard:
- Mass plantings: Plant several mapleleaf viburnum shrubs in mass plantings for a big show of white blooms in the springtime.
- Delineate your property line or create a low hedge.
- Natural area: Liven up a natural space with this lovely shrub.
- Urban garden: This plant is an even-tempered, no-care species. That makes it perfect for any park, urban garden, or playground.
- Plant mapleleaf viburnum as a foundation planting around your home. Its lower height is perfect, as it may only require minimal trimming to avoid blocking entrances or windows.
- Pollinator garden or butterfly garden: The sweet nectar of the beautiful and prolific white flowers will nourish the first bees, butterflies, moths, birds, and dragonflies that visit your garden in the early spring.
- Shade garden: Mapleleaf viburnums are a lovely filler plant for a shady area that needs something extra.
Mapleleaf Viburnum Is Charming and Intriguing
Mapleleaf viburnumoozes natural charm. In the early weeks of spring, the showstopping white or cream flowers are among the earliest bloomers. Each ethereal blossom is petite, under a quarter-inch wide, with five little petals forming a tiny bell shape. Despite its smaller size, it makes an immense impact as these small flowers join in large, attractive, fluffy clusters.
The flowers fade in about two weeks, and the four-inch long, glossy, toothy-margin emerald leaves appear and remain for the rest of the growing season. The foliage of this shrub is unapologetically full, lush, and green.
Order Your Mapleleaf Viburnum From TN Nursery Today
TN Nursery has years of experience and ships out only the best plant selections. Order your mapleleaf viburnum from us today.
Maple Leaf Viburnum is for sale online at Tn Nursery.
We dig fresh our plants and ship immediately. We ship US Mail, Priority shipping. You will receive a tracking number once your plants ship. All plants will be fine in their packages for up to 3 days after receiving.
How We Protect Your Plants For Transit
We sell only bare root plants. We dip the roots in tera-sorb silicone gel to retain ample moisture for transit and surround with plastic. This is superior protection for plants in transit for up to 12 days.
Upon Receipt Of Your Plants
Open your plants and inspect the same day received. We offer 3 days to report any problems with your order. Bare root plants need to be planted within 2-3 days of receiving unless weather-related problems prohibit planting. Store in a cool place and keep roots moist and covered with plastic until they can be planted. Water for the first week daily after planting.