🌱 What is Your Planting Zone?
Wild Strawberry Plant
Wild Strawberry Plant
Great for attracting wildlife
Blooms a beautiful white bloom
Butterflies loves the bloom
IN. HI. NY
Wild strawberry plants
Wild strawberry plants can be used in landscaping for purposes other than their edible qualities. Here are some non-edible uses in landscaping:
This plant ships bare-root and dormant (no leaves or foliage) It will not green out until next spring.
- Groundcover: They have a low-growing habit and can form dense mats of foliage. They are often used as a ground cover in landscaping to fill in gaps and provide a lush carpet-like appearance to the ground.
- Erosion control: The extensive root system helps stabilize soil and prevent erosion on slopes and embankments.
- Attracting wildlife: The small white flowers and fruit can attract pollinators like bees and butterflies, contributing to biodiversity in the landscape. Additionally, the fruit can provide a food source for birds and other wildlife.
- Ornamental value: These plants have delicate, attractive foliage and white flowers that can add a charming and naturalistic touch to garden beds, borders, and rock gardens.
- Container gardening: Due to their compact size, these plants can be grown in containers, adding a touch of nature to patios, balconies, and small outdoor spaces.
- Understory plantings: These can thrive as understory plantings in woodland or shade gardens, providing a natural and woodland-like ambiance.
- Edges and pathways: Planted along the edges of paths or walkways, these can soften hardscape elements and create a more welcoming and inviting atmosphere.
- Fragrance: Some varieties produce a pleasant aroma, making them a desirable addition to sensory gardens or areas near seating areas.
Plus, wild strawberries are edible.
Buy wild strawberry plants at TN Nursery
I was a little concerned when I just received stalks in a baggie without temp control, but after a couple of weeks, they’re starting to sprout! I’m very excited and see the value of reduced packaging. :)
My plants arrived in good condition, as usual!
The Wild Strawberry bare root seedlings have settled in to their 1/2 potting soil + 1/2 local volcanic clay soil and seem to be thriving. Thanks!
Plants arrived in perfect time for planting. Planting instructions were included and easy to understand.