Ship10-12 business days July
Annual Phlox Returns Every Year
Annual Phlox is an easy-to-grow and low-maintenance flowering plant that will quickly fill your garden with vibrant colors in shades of pink, blue, white, and purple. Perfect for adding texture and color to beds, borders, rock gardens, and more, this beautiful flower will thrive in warm climates where the blooms last all summer.Make your garden look stunning this season with the lovely perennial phlox! Featuring an abundance of big star-shaped flowers on elegant stems, it can provide a showy display of color that you'll love. This hardy bloomer is both deer and drought resistant, so you won't have to worry about unwanted visitors or extra watering. Create a show-stopping landscape this summer by ordering your perennial phlox today
Annual Phlox: TN Nursery presents the annual Phlox drummondii, a beautiful, fragrant, and deer-resistant flower. The North American native species flourish throughout most of the contiguous United States.
Don't let the name confuse you–annual phlox is a self-seeding perennial that will return year after year.
On average, garden phlox flowers grow to just under three feet high, making them a beautiful companion in front of shrubs to add a vibrant color. Annual phlox also makes a terrific addition to a rock garden. As if that's not enough, they are showstoppers as cut flowers, prized for bridal bouquets and in tabletop vases.
The plants form in just-right-sized clumps and produce wide, sturdy stems with lovely green leaves.
where to plant annual tall phlox in landscaping
Annual tall phlox (Phlox drummondii) is a beautiful flowering plant that can add vibrant color and height to your landscaping. When selecting a location to plant annual tall phlox, there are a few factors to consider:
- Sunlight: Annual tall phlox thrives in full sun to partial shade. Look for an area in your landscaping. What are the ideal climatic conditions for growing annual tall phlox? That receives at least 6 to 8 hours of direct sunlight daily.
- Soil: Phlox prefers well-drained soil that is rich in organic matter. Ensure the soil is loose, fertile, and drains well to prevent waterlogging, which can lead to root rot.
- Spacing: Annual tall phlox grows to about 1 - 2 feet and spreads about 1 foot (30 cm) wide. Give each plant adequate space to grow and spread without overcrowding. Generally, space them about 12 to 18 inches (30 to 45 cm) apart.
- Bed Preparation: Before planting, prepare the bed by removing any weeds or grass and loosening the soil. Incorporate organic matter like compost or aged manure to improve soil fertility and drainage.
- Watering: Phlox prefers consistent moisture but doesn't tolerate soggy conditions. Water the plants regularly, particularly during dry spells. Provide enough water to keep the soil evenly moist but not soggy.
- Companion Planting: Annual tall phlox pairs well with other annuals and perennials in mixed flower beds or borders. Consider planting them alongside summer-blooming plants like marigolds, zinnias, or salvias for a vibrant and varied display.
Remember, the annual tall phlox is a short-lived plant whose growth cycle lasts only for a single season. You'll need to replant them each year to enjoy their beautiful flowers.
Annual Phlox drummondii Gives You a Kaleidoscope of Color
Annual phlox has colorful flowers in a rainbow of shades. Lovely, five-petal phlox flowers can be white, blue, or lavender-to-pink in range. Indeed, the riotous colors of the annual Phlox drummondii will add a whimsical element of surprise everywhere you plant them. Garden phlox flowers grow on stems with bright, five-petaled blooms that blossom from April to June in most American growing zones.
Besides the showstopping colors, phlox flowers are pleasingly fragrant and attract butterflies, bees, and beneficial garden insects, all excellent for pollination and a healthy ecosystem.
Annual Phlox Resists Deer and Is Easy to Care For
While deer are lovely to watch, they can wreak havoc on a garden. So, what is your solution? Plant deer-resistant Phlox drummondii. Deers have a keen, finely tuned sense of smell and avoid any scent that offends their sensitive noses. Unlike pollinator species that love the smell, deer do not seem to prefer the fragrance of garden phlox. So, while they are not "deer-proof," phlox tend to be "deer-resistant."
Phlox drummondii grows eagerly in a wide range of light exposures, including full sun, shade, and partially shaded spots. They grow in North America's most common soil types and resist diseases like powdery mildew. Annual phlox plants are easy to care for, requiring only water, occasional fertilizing and thinning, and some mulch to help retain moisture and deadheading your spent blossoms.
Annual phlox Is Available Online At TN Nursery
I ordered Annual Phlox and they came quickly and in great condition as a bare root plant. I planted them as soon as I received them and look forward to the end product!
I love my plants and came so well packaged. Exactly what I have in mind.
The plant I received is healthy and I cannot wait for the flowers to bloom.
You would have gotten a 5 but I ordered 4 plants and received 3
Received the plants in very good condition. They were sealed very well in a bag. Upon talking them out of the bag, I noticed the plants still had some spent blooms on them. I immediately planted them the day they came. They been watered as well. I can't wait to see how they grow.