ShipFall (End Of October) Spring 2024
Under 25 Feet
Sun Or Shade
Kousa Dogwood (Cornus kousa)
Enhance the beauty of your landscape with the enchanting Kousa Dogwood Plant. Also known as Cornus kousa, this stunning flowering tree is revered for its unique and delicate appearance. With its gorgeous blooms, vibrant foliage, and ornamental berries, the Kousa Dogwood Plant adds a touch of elegance and sophistication to any outdoor space.
Standing as a small to medium-sized tree, the Kousa Dogwood reaches an average height of 20 to 30 feet, making it a perfect choice for spacious gardens and more compact landscapes. Its graceful branches are adorned with attractive green foliage that transforms into a rich display of autumn colors, ranging from deep purples and fiery oranges to vibrant reds.
The true magic of the Kousa Dogwood Plant lies in its exquisite flowers
While traditional dogwood species feature white or pink blossoms, the Kousa Dogwood blooms offer a captivating twist. Delicate, star-shaped flowers in shades of creamy white or soft pink blanket the tree in early summer, creating a breathtaking tapestry of beauty. These eye-catching blooms are borne on horizontal branches, adding to the tree's architectural appeal.
As the seasons progress, the Kousa Dogwood Plant produces another delightful surprise: its ornamental berries. Late in the summer, the blooms give the appearance of clusters of tiny, spherical fruits that change from green to vivid pink and crimson. The aesthetically arresting and important food supply these berry-like structures offer to birds and other animals raises the plant's importance to the environment.
Caring for your Kousa Dogwood Plant is relatively easy, making it an excellent choice for experienced and novice gardeners
It thrives in well-drained soil and prefers partial shade to full sun, making it adaptable to various growing conditions. Regular watering and occasional mulching to maintain soil moisture will keep the tree healthy and vibrant.
The Kousa Dogwood Plant's versatility extends beyond its visual appeal. It serves multiple purposes in the landscape, including a specimen tree, an accent plant, or a focal point in a mixed border. Its year-round interest, from the delicate flowers to the vibrant foliage and ornamental berries, ensures it remains captivating every season.
This remarkable tree also holds cultural and symbolic significance. In many cultures, the Kousa Dogwood is associated with harmony, endurance, and the beauty of nature. Incorporating it into your garden adds aesthetic value and brings a sense of tranquility and connection to the natural world.
With its delicate blooms, vibrant foliage, and ornamental berries, the Kousa Dogwood Plant is a beautiful addition to any landscape. Embrace its unique beauty and create a haven of elegance and sophistication in your outdoor space. Let the Kousa Dogwood Plant become the centerpiece of your garden, delighting both you and your visitors with its exquisite display of nature's artistry.
The Kousa Dogwood Plant, scientifically known as Cornus kousa, is a stunning flowering tree that benefits gardeners and the environment. This plant is a valuable addition to any landscape, from its striking beauty and versatility to its ecological value and disease resistance. Let's explore ten critical benefits of the Kousa Dogwood Plant:
1. Exquisite Beauty: The Kousa Dogwood Plant is renowned for its exquisite beauty. It features delicate, star-shaped flowers in shades of creamy white or soft pink that bloom in early summer, creating a captivating display of color. The tree's horizontal branches and attractive green foliage add to its charm, making it a focal point in any garden.
2. Extended Bloom Time: Unlike traditional dogwood species, the Kousa Dogwood has a longer bloom time, extending the beauty of its flowers throughout the summer months. This extended flowering period ensures that your garden remains vibrant and colorful for a more extended period, providing visual interest and enjoyment.
3. Ornamental Berries: In late summer, the Kousa Dogwood Plant produces small, spherical berries that transition from green to vibrant shades of pink and red. These attractive berries provide aesthetic pleasure and are a crucial food source for wildlife and birds. By planting Kousa Dogwood, you can attract and support a diverse range of nature in your garden.
4. Stunning Fall Foliage: As autumn approaches, the Kousa Dogwood Plant puts on another dazzling show with its foliage. The leaves transform into a rich tapestry of colors, ranging from deep purples and fiery oranges to vibrant reds. The vibrant fall foliage adds warmth and beauty to your landscape, creating a picturesque scene.
5. Disease Resistance: The Kousa Dogwood Plant is highly resistant to many common diseases that affect other dogwood species, such as dogwood anthracnose. Because of its resilience, it is a dependable and low-maintenance option for gardeners who wish to avoid the problems brought on by plants susceptible to disease.
6. Versatility in Landscaping: The Kousa Dogwood Plant offers versatility. It may be utilized as a specimen tree, accent plant, or centerpiece in a mixed border. Its unique beauty, compact size, and year-round interest make it a valuable addition to various garden styles and designs.
7. Ecological Significance: The Kousa Dogwood Plant supports biodiversity. The flowers attract pollinators such as honeybees and butterflies, aiding in pollinating other plants in your garden. The ornamental berries serve as a food source for birds and wildlife, contributing to the ecological balance of your landscape.
8. Natural Shade Provider: The Kousa Dogwood Plant develops a rounded and spreading canopy. This canopy provides natural shade, creating a relaxed and comfortable environment in your garden. The shade can be beneficial for other shade-loving plants, as well as offering relief to humans and wildlife on hot summer days.
9. Cultural and Symbolic Significance: The Kousa Dogwood is culturally and symbolically significant in many cultures. It is often associated with harmony, endurance, and the beauty of nature. Incorporating this plant into your garden adds aesthetic value and brings a sense of tranquility and connection to the natural world.
10. Long Lifespan: The Kousa Dogwood Plant has a relatively long lifespan, with some trees living for several decades. The tree is an excellent expenditure for your garden since its long lifespan ensures that you may enjoy its beauty and benefits for many years.
The Kousa Dogwood Plant is a beautiful addition to any garden since it provides a number of advantages. This tree brings numerous advantages, from its exquisite beauty and extended bloom time to its ecological significance and disease resistance. Embrace the stunning beauty and multiple benefits of the Kousa Dogwood Plant, and create a landscape that is not only visually captivating but also ecologically rich and sustainable.
The Kousa dogwood is part of the Cornus genus, containing over twenty stunning flowering dogwood trees.
This Asian native species is a deciduous ornamental tree that is well-adapted and enjoys tremendous popularity in the United States.
Many gardeners covet kousa dogwood trees for more than their striking white flowers--its small to medium height perfectly fits a smaller yard. It is a highly decorative tree that will not grow overly large.
Besides the beauty of the Kousa dogwood, the species is hardy. It is pest-resistant, cold-hardy, and drought-hardy. Kousa dogwood is an easy-to-love and even easier-to-care-for tree.
Kousa Dogwood Trees Are Incredibly Easy to Care For
Once your Kousa dogwood trees settle into place, it will give you a stunning display of showy cotton-white flowers in the late spring and a generous green canopy all summer. Fall brings purple, red, or burgundy foliage.
Kousa dogwood trees require filtered sun--select an appropriate site. The ideal spot would have morning sunshine and afternoon shade. However, this tree is not too picky.
Before you plant your Kousa dogwood trees, check for well-draining soil because they don't like wet roots. De-compact the earth and mix in a generous shovel of compost, wood mulch, or shredded leaf litter. These materials have the nutrients the dogwood tree craves.
Upon maturity, you need only provide routine care--fertilize your dogwood tree twice a year (in the spring and fall), prune it when needed, and create a protective layer of mulch before the winter cold arrives.
The Kousa Dogwood Trees Beauty Will Impress You
The Kousa dogwood tree has a sturdy but relatively small trunk and multiple eye-pleasing branches. It reaches a maximum height of about thirty feet.
The snowy white buds will blossom into four-inch, four-petal flowers that form a stout cross shape. Each will measure up to three inches wide.
Order Your Kousa Dogwood Tree From TN Nursery
TN Nursery digs each Kousa dogwood tree fresh and ships it immediately to ensure excellent plant health. Order your Kousa dogwood tree from TN Nursery today.
The order was processed quickly and I was in receipt of the tree much earlier than anticipated. The tree was shipped “dormant” which means that I won’t find out that it’s not dead until next spring. I planted in a mix of manure and potting soil and have watered it multiple times every day. If it arrived alive, I have no doubt that I will be very satisfied with the entire shopping experience.
Received my trees very quickly. They're shipped dormant, but a couple have already begun to flourish, I'm hoping I can get them all established soon. Also, I received 2 more than what I purchased which was nice. Very satisfied with the service and the trees! it's going to take a while for my trees to grow, but when they do they'll be amazing. Thank you!
Well packages. Arrived promptly.
This is my 2nd try but future plan is to turn into a bonsai.
Excellent trees and in the ground - Looking forward to seeing leaves on the trees. zt