Muskogee Crepe Myrtle
ShipFall (End Of October) Spring 2024
Muskogee Crepe Myrtle
Under 25 Feet
OR. AZ. NY
Muskogee Crepe Myrtle
The Muskogee Crepe Myrtle is a stunning flowering tree that adds a touch of elegance and charm to any landscape. With its graceful form, striking blooms, and vibrant foliage, this tree is a true showstopper that will capture the attention of all of it. The Muskogee Crepe Myrtle is an essential addition to any outdoor area, regardless of your gardening expertise or commitment to becoming green.
Standing up to 20 feet tall, the Muskogee Crepe Myrtle boasts a strong and sturdy structure. Its multiple trunks display a beautiful cinnamon-brown bark that peels to reveal a smooth, cream-colored surface underneath. This characteristic makes it a year-round focal point, even when its leaves have fallen during winter. As the tree matures, the trunk develops an attractive exfoliating texture that adds to its overall visual appeal.
When it comes to blooms, the Muskogee Crepe Myrtle truly shines
In the summer, it erupts with an explosion of delicate lavender flowers that cover the tree in breathtaking clusters. These blooms are visually captivating and emit a sweet fragrance, attracting butterflies and hummingbirds to your garden. With its extended blooming season, lasting from midsummer through early fall, the Muskogee Crepe Myrtle ensures that your garden remains vibrant and alive for an extended period.
The foliage of the Muskogee Crepe Myrtle is equally remarkable. Its large, deep green leaves provide a lush and verdant backdrop for the stunning floral display. During the autumn, the foliage transforms into a tapestry of rich gold, orange, and red hues, creating a spectacular show before the leaves eventually drop, revealing the tree's attractive bark. This multi-seasonal interest ensures that the Muskogee Crepe Myrtle remains a captivating presence in your landscape throughout the year.
Another advantage of the Muskogee Crepe Myrtle is its adaptability to various soil types
This tree can thrive whether your soil is clay, sandy, or loamy. It prefers total sun exposure, allowing it to showcase its best growth and bloom potential. With its heat, humidity, and drought tolerance, the Muskogee Crepe Myrtle is an ideal choice for gardens in many regions.
Low-maintenance and disease-resistant, the Muskogee Crepe Myrtle is a gardener's dream. With minimal effort, you can enjoy a tree that flourishes year after year. Pruning is only necessary during winter to maintain its desired shape, and the occasional removal of dead wood keeps the tree healthy and vibrant. With its natural resistance to common pests and diseases, you can focus on enjoying the beauty of this tree rather than worrying about its care.
Whether you're seeking a focal point for your garden or an exquisite addition to your landscape design, the Muskogee Crepe Myrtle is the perfect choice. Its towering presence, stunning blooms, and vibrant foliage make it a masterpiece that adds depth and character to any outdoor space. Don't miss the opportunity to own this majestic beauty – bring the Muskogee Crepe Myrtle home and let its enchanting presence transform your garden into a breathtaking oasis.
10 Benefits of Growing Muskogee Crepe Myrtle in Your Garden
1. Stunning Blooms: One of the primary reasons to choose Muskogee Crepe Myrtle is its spectacular blooms. During the summer, this tree bursts into a profusion of delicate lavender flowers, forming eye-catching clusters that cover the tree.
2. Extended Blooming Season: Muskogee Crepe Myrtle offers an extended blooming season, unlike many other flowering trees. From midsummer through early fall, the tree continues to produce its exquisite flowers, ensuring that your garden remains vibrant and full of life for a longer duration.
3. Fragrance and Wildlife Attraction: Muskogee Crepe Myrtle's flowers provide visual appeal and emit a sweet fragrance. The delightful scent fills the air, creating a pleasant and inviting atmosphere in your garden. Additionally, the fragrance attracts butterflies and hummingbirds, adding to your outdoor space's natural beauty and biodiversity.
4. Majestic Structure: With a mature height of up to 20 feet, the Muskogee Crepe Myrtle possesses a strong and sturdy structure. Its multiple trunks exhibit a beautiful cinnamon-brown bark that peels to reveal a smooth, cream-colored surface. This unique feature makes it an appealing focal point throughout the year, even when the leaves have fallen during the winter months.
5. Year-Round Interest: Muskogee Crepe Myrtle offers year-round interest with its ever-changing features. During the summer, the vibrant blooms captivate your attention, while in autumn, the foliage transforms into a stunning array of gold, orange, and red colors. Even in the winter, the tree's attractive bark and exfoliating texture remain visually appealing, ensuring that your garden always has something to offer.
6. Adaptability: Muskogee Crepe Myrtle demonstrates impressive adaptability to various soil types. This tree can thrive whether your garden has clay, sandy, or loamy soil. It is also tolerant of different pH levels, further expanding its range of adaptability. Muskogee Crepe Myrtle can showcase its best growth and bloom potential if it receives total sun exposure.
7. Heat and Drought Tolerance: This tree is an excellent choice for regions with hot and dry climates. Muskogee Crepe Myrtle exhibits exceptional heat and drought tolerance, making it resilient even in challenging weather conditions. Its ability to withstand these conditions ensures it can maintain its beauty and vitality without demanding excessive water or care.
8. Low Maintenance: Another significant advantage of Muskogee Crepe Myrtle is its low-maintenance nature. Once established, this tree requires minimal care and attention. Regular pruning during winter helps maintain its desired shape, and the occasional removal of dead wood promotes overall health. With its natural resistance to common pests and diseases, you can enjoy the tree's beauty without requiring extensive interventions.
9. Privacy and Screening: The dense foliage of Muskogee Crepe Myrtle offers excellent privacy and screening capabilities. When planted strategically, this tree can create a natural barrier that shields your garden or outdoor living area from prying eyes. Enjoy your personal space in tranquility, surrounded by the beauty and serenity of this majestic tree.
10. Landscape Versatility: Muskogee Crepe Myrtle's versatile nature makes it a perfect addition to various garden styles and landscapes. Whether you have a formal garden, cottage-style landscape, or a more naturalistic setting, this tree seamlessly integrates into the design, enhancing the overall aesthetics and adding a touch of grandeur.
In conclusion, growing Muskogee Crepe Myrtle in your garden provides numerous benefits. From its stunning blooms and extended blooming season
This tree offers visual appeal throughout the seasons due to its majestic structure and year-round interest. Its adaptability, low-maintenance nature, and tolerance to heat and drought make it an ideal choice for various regions. Create a beautiful and inviting garden space with Muskogee Crepe Myrtle and enjoy its beauty for years.
Muskogee Crepe Myrtle: TN Nursery sells hundreds of crepe myrtles annually, but the hands-down customer favorite pick is the Muskogee crepe myrtle. The vibrant lavender to purple flowers provides luscious, vivid color that will brighten up the mid-summer landscape.
The blossoms are long-lasting, displaying outrageous color for four to six weeks. Despite its height (up to thirty feet), the Muskogee crepe myrtle is a shrub, not a tree.
Gardeners also love this shrub for its easy-care nature. All you will do when you receive your sapling is find a nice, sunny spot, fertilize it, and give it about an inch of water per week. Watch how fast it will grow!
Why Gardeners Adore the Muskogee Crepe Myrtle
For starters, the Asian native species is well-adapted for growing in the moderately warm USDA growing zones. It is a particular favorite of gardeners in the southeastern United States.
It is also a resilient, healthy species. It's both cold-hardy and heat-hardy, which likely lends to its prevalence in the upper south, which experiences sub-freezing overnight winter temperatures and blistering heat during the summer. It's also resistant to pest damage, disease, and mildew.
The Muskogee Crepe Myrtle Is Stunning Year Round
The cheerful purple color spreads across the southeastern region during the peak summertime heat. That's when enormous clusters of dainty lavender to purple florets emerge. These large clumps of flowers create the look of a single, vast flower.
If you don't prune it, the crepe myrtle has multiple upright branches that form a sprawling shrub shape. However, some gardeners choose to prune the shrub during its first few seasons, encouraging it to grow straight, tall, and tree-like
The glossy, oval, two-inch green leaves are bountiful. They are numerous and thus create a lush and shady canopy.
The bark is light gray, and while it's not entirely smooth, it is not rough, either. The bark sheds yearly, peeling from the trunks in the late summer.
Those stunning red crepe myrtle flowers become a blessing for birds: one-inch or smaller brown fruits that will release many seeds.
Muskogee Crepe Myrtle Attracts Songbirds and Insects
Pollinating insects find the lovely purple blossoms highly attractive. You will almost certainly see many species--bees, moths, dragonflies, and butterflies--enjoying the nectar your Muskogee crepe myrtles provide.
After worms and insects retire for the winter, birds have difficulty finding sustenance. Those brown fruits are an ideal food source. Watch the birds flock to your crepe myrtle to open the pods and feast on those seeds.
Order Your Muskogee Crepe Myrtle From TN Nursery Today.
You will be satisfied when you order your Muskogee crepe myrtle from TN Nursery--we pride ourselves on supplying our customers with the most vigorous plants.
Purple Crepe Myrtle
Purple Crepe Myrtle: Despite its up to twenty-foot height, Lagerstroemia, or the crepe myrtle, is a deciduous shrub. It is a TN Nursery gardener's favorite--we sell hundreds of crepe myrtles in myriad colors every year.
They bloom during the mid-summer months when most flowering trees have finished blossoming for the season. That makes them perfect when paired with earlier-season bloomers.
Lagerstroemia is a species native to Korea and China, but American gardeners have since adopted the use of this shrub thanks to its extraordinary and abundant blossoms. Today, you will find it showing off in the warmer USDA growing zones, especially in the southeastern states.
Purple Crepe Myrtle Offers Outstanding Beauty.
Lush, profuse lavender to purple blooms dot the landscape throughout the south in the summer months. Dozens of tiny purple florets comprise a large, appear like one enormous flower.
Besides the gorgeous blooms, the crepe myrtle has other intriguing characteristics.
The multi-branched shrub has lovely branches with slight dips and turns. It creates a beautiful silhouette. When the shrub is young and growing, gardeners can train it to grow tall and straighter or let it meander into a more natural state. Neither option is right or wrong. That boils down to preferences.
The leaves are a perfect medium green hue, oval, and under two inches long. Shrubs become thick with these lovely leaves, providing welcome shade from the summer heat. The canopy is wide and spreading.
The bark is light and has a slightly rough texture. It renews by peeling during the summer, especially after the blossoms fade.
Purple Crepe Myrtle Will Nourish Wintertime Birds
Crepe myrtle flowers give way to brown pods under an inch in size, each containing dozens of seeds. As the leaves change and drop in the autumn, the pods stay on the branches.
Cardinals, finches, and other wintertime feathered friends will crack open the pods and eat those seeds. These pods are a vital food source, as insects, worms, and other nutritional sources are unavailable.
Order Your Purple Crepe Myrtle From TN Nursery Today.
TN Nursery grows robust purple crepe myrtles--order yours today, and we will dig and ship it to you.
I bought three and two have already leafed out. I can't wait to they flower.
Too early to say, but both plants arrived healthy and budding.
I gifted my sister in N FL with this little tree and she loves it and said it's budding quite a bit and looks real healthy!
It came bare rooted looking like dead sticks. Planted it carefully and told it to grow and it listened.! Lots of new leaves in just a little over two weeks and is growing . Very pleased with the Muskogee Crepe Myrtle.
Will let you know when she blooms .!!
exceeded my expectations great products