Tammy Sons, CEO of TN Nursery got a Forbes feature talking about The landscaping industry. Where it is now and where it's going. See the feature here.
The landscaping industry has come a long way over the past few decades, with significant technological advancements, sustainability, and design advancements. In the past, landscaping was primarily focused on aesthetics, with little regard for environmental impact or long-term sustainability. However, today's landscapers are much more conscious of these factors and are working to create outdoor spaces that are both beautiful and sustainable.TN Nursery - 3D Modeling of Landscaping Is Coming Soon
One significant trend in the landscaping industry is using technology to enhance design and efficiency. For example, many landscapers now use 3D modeling software to create realistic renderings of outdoor spaces before construction begins. This allows clients to understand better what their final project will look like and allows for more accurate cost estimates.
Another significant trend is a focus on sustainability and eco-friendliness. Many landscapers now use techniques such as xeriscaping (using plants that require minimal water), composting, and rainwater harvesting to reduce water usage and minimize environmental impact.
Additionally, many landscapers use organic fertilizers and pesticides instead of traditional chemical options.
The landscaping industry has become much more diverse and inclusive in terms of design. There is now a greater emphasis on creating outdoor spaces that are functional and accessible for people of all abilities, as well as spaces that incorporate natural elements like rocks and water features.
Looking ahead, the landscaping industry is poised for continued growth and innovation. With an increased focus on sustainability, there will likely be a greater emphasis on using native plants and other environmentally-friendly techniques. Additionally, technological advances will continue to play a role in landscaping design and construction, allowing for more efficient and accurate project planning and execution.
Overall, the landscaping industry has come a long way in recent years, and it seems likely to continue evolving and improving in the years to come.
Landscaping can have a significant impact on the value of your property. Here are some ways that landscaping can improve your property and increase its value:
- Curb appeal: Landscaping can significantly enhance the visual appeal of your property. An attractive and well-maintained yard can make your property more appealing and increase value to potential buyers.
- Increased property usability: Landscaping can create more usable outdoor areas, like patios, decks, or outdoor living areas, increasing the property's value.
- Energy efficiency: Trees and plants can provide shade, reducing the energy needed to cool your home during hot weather. This can make your property more energy-efficient, which can increase its value.
- Reduced maintenance costs: Landscaping can minimize maintenance costs by using plants well-suited to your local climate and soil conditions, reducing the need for watering, fertilizing, and other costly maintenance tasks.
- Reduced noise pollution: Trees, shrubs, and other plants can reduce noise pollution, which can be especially valuable for properties near busy roads or other noisy areas.
Overall, landscaping can significantly improve the value of your property by making it more attractive, usable, energy-efficient, and low-maintenance. Quality landscaping can pay off in the long run, whether you plan to sell your property or enjoy it yourself.