Choosing Trees and Plants For sale That's easy & Fun
Tn Nursery is a #1 rated online nursery for a purpose. We have the best prices, been in the nursery industry for over 63 years and have the best rating of any mail order nursery.
Planting shade trees can make a beautiful focal point for any garden, states Tammy Sons, owner of Tn Nursery, shippers of quality trees and garden plants. From the graceful beauty of red maple
1. Decide how long you want the trees to last and how soon you want shade. Faster growing trees might deliver a greater amount of shade sooner. However, species such as oak trees could have a more moderate growth pattern and be more likely to live for at least one hundred years. Because their wood is stronger, they will also be less vulnerable to elemental damage, such as from rain and snow storms. This also makes them good for planting around children's play areas, such as sandboxes and swing sets.
2. Choose the location in the garden or landscape where the tree will be located. Keep in mind that it should be where trees will provide the most sun protection. Usually, this is the southeast or southwest side of a dwelling.
Many people position a tree near a large window, to help with reducing heating and cooling energy usage. It is also recommended to plant trees around the outside of an air conditioner to increase efficiency up to at least 10 percent.
3. Examine various shade trees. Consider what qualities each tree can bring to the landscape, such as seasonal features, color, and texture. For instance, the shape of the leaves and their color.
Some trees have larger leaves with a coarse texture that will produce a more dense shade. Finer leaves will require a thick layer to provide a cooling shade below them.
Some examples might include Japanese red maple trees, for their graceful curves and layered branches that can be particularly beautiful in patio settings. Hearty oak trees can provide a large canopy with plenty of room for people underneath it.
4. Consider trees with flowers, for winter berries or fall colors. However, also consider maintenance, since fallen leaves and flowers will need to be raked. Also, berries may sprout in the lawn under the tree.
5. Once you have narrowed down the type of tree you want, visit a nursery, online catalog or tree farm to look at specific varieties of trees. Find the shade trees that meet most, preferably all of your criteria.
6. Purchase a tree that is growing in tree farm or nursery and 3 to 5 years old, such as red maple trees, for the easiest transplanting.
Family Fun in Gardening
Getting the whole family involved in planting and caring for a garden is a fun activity that lets you spend time together. Involving your children helps them appreciate where their food comes from, learn how plants are grown and can encourage them to eat more vegetables because they have had a hand in helping them grow. Follow a few tips to get everyone excited about helping out in the garden.
Let everyone pick out something to plant
If you have picky eaters in your home, it might seem impossible to get them to eat their vegetables. Most people have at least one food they will eat that can be grown in the garden, whether it is sunflower seeds, corn or green beans. Take everyone to the store when you shop for garden plants and seeds, and let each person pick out a specific kind that they will care for and eat. Point out how kind it is to try each other’s special foods, and you might even get them to try something new.
Get everyone their tools
Each family member should be gardening gloves and even garden tools of his own. Young children will like pulling on their special gloves to help out, and a small basket with a hand rake, trowel and spray bottle with vinegar water can help encourage them to use each tool to care for their plants. Explain to them how different bugs affect plants, so they know which bugs are bad and which are good for your garden. They may be surprised that spiders are good bugs!
Set a schedule
Create a schedule to set aside time for gardening together, and hang it somewhere everyone can see it. If you plan to go to the garden for one hour each Saturday, put it on the calendar so everyone can plan and get excited to help. Schedules are a great way to make sure everyone has time to work in the garden together. You can also add watering times to the garden calendar, so you don’t forget to keep your plants well-watered and healthy.
Letting each member of your family recognize that she is a unique part of a team working together is a good way to let everyone feel appreciated and necessary. If everyone feels like part of the team from planning to picking, a family garden is a great way to spend time together.
How Planting Trees Helps Our Environment
Thousands of trees are cut down each year to create paper products, and to clear the way for new buildings and homes. Trees also provide fuel for wood burning stoves and heating systems. Trees are extremely important to keep the environment healthy, and trees need to be replanted to replenish trees that have been lost. It can be difficult to replace every tree that has been removed in a community, but even planting a few trees can be quite helpful to the environment.
Trees are one of the best and most natural defenders against pollution. This is because carbon dioxide is absorbed by trees, and oxygen is released as a byproduct. Carbon dioxide is one of the main contributors to the greenhouse effect and trees can substantially decrease these effects with their carbon dioxide absorption. Planting trees is a great help in cutting down on pollutants in communities, and this is especially true in highly populated and congested areas.
Planting of trees also helps the environment by providing natural habitats for local wildlife. When trees are removed from areas, small animals and birds who live and nest in trees have nowhere to live. Animals must look for new places to reside, and this can be difficult. If there are no trees in nearby neighborhoods, animals can die, because they have no safe place to live. When this happens, natural ecosystems can become disrupted, and wildlife will become sparse. Tree planting can help to provide homes for existing wildlife, and wildlife that comes into the area to find safe homes when other areas become too crowded.
Tree planting can help to reduce flooding, erosion and water runoff, as well. Trees stop rainfall from hitting the ground forcefully with their branches and leaves. This means that rain does not hit on rocks and dirt in such a way that erosion occurs. Also, trees stop the flow of water downhill so that rushes of water do not cause floods. The ground can absorb water when water moves slowly and this can only happen when trees are on the way to slow down rushing waters. Trees absorb water for food too, and this means that the ground can dry out quicker, so that ground, grass, and plants do not become bogged down with water.om. Take into consideration how well the tree will survive in the landscape it is intended for. Below are a few steps to make the planning process easier.
Purchase your Trees today at TN Nursery