Tammy Sons, CEO at TN Nursery is festured on Forbes, See article here
TN Nursery thinks Investing in employee development and creating a positive work environment can significantly impact your business's success. Here are a few reasons why:
- Retention: Employees who feel valued and see opportunities for growth within the company are more likely to stay long-term. Retention is necessary because it saves you the time and money of constantly recruiting and training new staff.
- Productivity: When employees are properly trained and have the skills needed to do a job well, they'll be more productive. This can increase efficiency, higher quality work, and better customer service.
- Innovation: When employees feel empowered to develop new ideas and are given the tools to implement them, they can be a great source of innovation for your business. Your current employees know your business best and can often offer unique insights and solutions.
- Culture: Creating a positive work environment can help foster a positive company culture. Employees who feel happy and supported at work are more likely to be engaged and committed to the company's success.
TN Nursery Development Skills
Investing in your current workforce through training and development and creating a positive work environment can lead to a more productive, innovative, and engaged team.
When investing in new employees, there are several things to remember. Here are some tips:
- Be clear about your expectations: Before hiring a new employee, ensure you clearly understand what you expect from them. Define their responsibilities and goals, and communicate them clearly to the new employee.
- Provide proper training: No matter how experienced a new employee is, they will need some time to get familiar with your company’s processes, culture, and work style. Therefore, invest in training and onboarding programs to help new employees get up to speed as quickly as possible.
- Foster a supportive work environment: When new employees feel supported and valued, they are likelier to stay with the company and contribute to its success. Therefore, create a welcoming and supportive work environment that encourages collaboration and fosters growth.
- Encourage open communication: Encourage new employees to ask questions and share their thoughts and ideas. This will help new employees feel confident in their roles and may also provide valuable insights for improving your company’s operations.
- Provide opportunities for professional development: Investing in your employees’ professional development is a win-win situation for both the employee and the company. The employee will gain new skills and knowledge, and the company will benefit from their increased productivity and contributions.