We Ship Our Bareroot Plants To Everyone Nationwide.
Mom's Best Blueberry Pie Recipe
Prep Time: 1 Hour Cook Time: 1 Hour
Pre-Made Pie Crust Dough.9 Inch Pie Pan
Filling:6 Cups of Fresh or Fresh Frozen Blueberries. These must be rinsed with stems removed, and if you are using fresh frozen berries, they must defrost and drained before you start.1/2 teaspoon of lemon zest.One tablespoon of lemon juice.1/4 cup of all-purpose flour for thickening.1/2 cup of granulated sugar.1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.Two tablespoons of butter, separated into tiny pieces.
Egg Wash For Coating:One average-sized egg.One tablespoon of whole-fat milk.pie
Berry Plants for Zone 9 is easy to make cobbler and pie with
Step By Step Instructions:
(1) Prepare the crust. To do this, first roll out slightly over 1/2 of your dough into a circle whose diameter is about 13 inches in length. Make sure the mixture is no more than 1/8 of an inch in thickness. You will need to flour your work surface before rolling lightly. Fit the dough circle into your pie pan and trim any edges so that none are greater than 1/2 inch. Make sure you crimp the sides of the now fitted crust with your fingers.
(2) Mix the blueberries, lemon zest, lemon juice, all-purpose flour, sugar, and the cinnamon in a large bowl. Pour your filling into the fitted pie crust. Now take the butter pieces and put them on top of the mixture. Make sure these are evenly dispersed.
(3) Roll out the remaining pie crust into a sufficiently sized circle of the same thickness as before and place this on top of your pie filling making sure to cover all the mixture thoroughly.
(4) Now whisk the egg and whole milk together to make the egg wash.
(5) Brush the top of the pie with egg wash. Score the top of the pie with four cuts (this allows steam to escape). Place your pie on the middle rack with a lined baking pan positioned on the lower frame to ensure that any filling that bubbles over will be easy to clean up. Bake for approximately 50 minutes at 360 degrees. When the juices have sufficiently thickened, you should remove the pie from the oven and transfer so that it may cool.
(6) Once cold, serve with vanilla ice cream if you desire.