Wednesday, September 14
The apple pie is the most original of American desserts. This food has been used for over a century and has had numerous things like it throughout history. The apple pie has risen to an American favorite and a classic dessert item. Not one grandma cookbook is complete without its own classic apple pie recipe in it. All have one thing in common, the use of apples. The other ingredients stay mostly the same such as flour, sugar, and cinnamon. But little changes in the spices and its preparation can greatly change the outcome of the Countries most famous dessert dishes. Here is a classic apple pie recipe:
- ½ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of all purpose flour
- 2 and a 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups of sliced, cored, and peeled apples
- ¼ cup of melted butter
- 2 disks of pie crust dough
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine ½ cup of sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well. Then combine with melted butter and apples and mix together.
- Roll pie crust disk out on a lightly floured surface till it is 12 inches around. Place in pie pan, spoon in the edges.
- Prepare second disk by rolling crust out to 12 inch length.
- Place apple mix inside pan on top of 1st crust. Now place 2nd crust on top.
- Trim edges of pie crust. Decoratively shape the edges of the crust together. Cut openings inside the pie crust to release steam.
- Place remaining amount of sugar and cinnamon on top of pie crust, and insert into oven.
- Bake about 1 ½ hours, or till the crust is golden brown, apples are soft, and juices are bubbling in center of pie.
This simple recipe creates one of the best and most famous desserts. Even try adding your own addition to the recipe and give it a unique flavor.
Buy your plants today at TN Nursery